To nominate a slate of officers and directors from the North Carolina Association of Municipal Clerks membership for election during the Annual Conference.
To seek the most qualified active Association members for nomination.
Three past presidents and three active members at large, one of whom shall be a current member of the Board of Directors. The Immediate Past President serves as chairperson.
- Chairperson shall obtain a list of offices to be filled for the N.C. Association of Municipal Clerks from the Recording Secretary.
- Chairperson shall obtain latest membership list from the N.C. League of Municipalities Office.
- Chairperson shall provide committee members with a copy of offices to be filled and the membership list.
- Chairperson shall review the by-laws of the Association to ascertain qualifications and eligibility for offices to be filled.
- Chairperson should coordinate with President and Newsletter Coordinator as to publication of notices in the newsletter requesting members to indicate their interest in serving on the board of directors.
- Chairperson shall schedule a meeting and ask committee members to prepare in advance of the meeting a list of proposed candidates for consideration by the full committee. This should be based on eligibility, experience, participation, demonstrated leadership, interest in serving and other criteria to promote the Association.
- During the scheduled meeting, the full committee should discuss all candidates proposed and select at least two choices for each position in the event one cannot serve. When the slate is tentatively agreed upon by the committee, the Chairperson contacts the candidates for confirmation and advises the committee of the findings. In the event additional candidates are needed, the committee may suggest others to the Chairperson and, upon making contact, the committee will be advised when the proposed slate is confirmed.
- Work of the Nominating Committee should be completed by May 31.
- Chairperson shall submit a proposed slate of nominations to the President as soon as possible. The President shall report the slate to the Board of Directors for its information at the final board meeting prior to the annual conference.
- Chairperson shall prepare a report from the Nominating Committee and present it at the Annual Conference business meeting. Copies should be provided for distribution to the membership present.
- Summarize year's events for Annual Report and provide picture to the Annual Report coordinator by June 1.
- The Chairperson, prior to the expiration of his or her term, shall review this portion of the Association Handbook and furnish the incoming President with written recommendations that would improve the efficiency of the committee based on experience in working with these guidelines.